Recipes/Memphis Dry Ribs
Memphis Dry Ribs
A page from the excellent Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book, this is the only rib recipe I use.
- 2 slabs pork ribs
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs black pepper
- 1 Tbs garlic salt
- 2 Tbs Kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Yellow mustard
- 1 cup vinegar (white or apple cider are my favorites)
- 1 cup water
- Heat your Komodo Kamado to 250F indirect (Don't have a Komodo Kamado? You
really need one!)
- Combine dry ingredients into a rub.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Cover the ribs in a thin layer of yellow mustard.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of the rub, apply the rest to the ribs - front and back.
- Place ribs in the KK for four hours with the lid closed.
- Mix the vinegar and water in a shallow baking pan.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and dip them into the vinegar mixture.
- Add the leftover rub, cut, and serve.