This is a placeholder until I can migrate my Docbook MythTV Reference. These bullet items are things I don't have time to write about now but I want to remember them for later.
- The backend can't be configured with 127.0.0.1, it must have a real IP address (and IPv6 is partially broken?)
- The backend's SQL password is in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
- I needed to exit the MythBuntu Frontend, go to Settings --> Session and Startup and then disable the Launch Gnome Services on Startup before my generic MCE remote would register the play/pause buttons (the OS would grab them before sending the keycode to application-space). Once that was done the xmodmap trick to remap play/pause to "p" worked great.
- sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ehoover/compholio && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install netflix-desktop
- Installed Plex on backend for remote viewing.
- Hulu Desktop deprecated
- HDMI Audio trick no longer needed? Can select device 3 in the Audio setup menu. However, with the old or missing .asoundrc Netflix Destop had no audio. New format as below:
defaults.pcm.card 0 defaults.pcm.device 3 defaults.ctl.card 0
- No longer support CR/LF in <action> tag?
- sudo apt-get install unclutter vim
I've actually stopped running MythTV and migrated to Plex+Chromecast as a primary viewing option.