From eBower Wiki
A traditional Asian dessert, this is a quick and easy version that's close enough to the real thing for my wife.
- 1-2/3 cup water
- 2 envelopes (.25 oz each) plain gelatin (I use Knox)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup cold whole milk
- Add water to pot.
- Whisk the gelatin into water and bring to a boil over medium heat, this will help prevent the gelatin from clumping.
- Add sugar and gently hand-whisk to dissolve. Add almond extract and whisk. Add milk and whisk.
- Pour into an 8x8 or similar sized dish. Chill 2-3 hours or longer.
- When completely set, cut into ~1/2" squares and serve with your favorite fruit. Chinese grocery stores have little jello shooter desserts which can be cut up and added as well.