From eBower Wiki
The original source uses a pressure cooker, but it comes out fine with a skillet and a slow cooker.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 28oz tomato puree
- 38oz canned red kidney beans
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Chicken Stock mixture ingredients:
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Add olive oil to skillet and add ground beef, salt, and pepper and brown.
- While browning, make chicken stock mixture.
- Add onions, garlic and spices to ground beef. Saute for ~5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of chicken stock in skillet and deglaze bottom by scraping with a wooden spatula.
- Pour beef, chicken stock mixture, beans, and tomato puree into slow cooker and cook on low for several hours until beans are tender and flavorful.